LongRun Thoroughbred Retirement Society
Rules of Play for 50/50 Electronic Raffle:
1. The lottery will take place during Saturday, September 14th, 2019 at Woodbine Race Track.
2. All tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
3. Tickets are $5/$10/$20.
4. Tickets will be available at all events held throughout the building at 555 Rexdale Blvd. Toronto, Ontario – Woodbine Race Track.
5. Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions Canada Ltd.
6. After buying, patrons will be given by the sellers, a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
7. The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw for that day/game.
8. The amount of the 50/50 will be displayed on the televisions at Woodbine Racetrack and on the LongRun Thoroughbred Retirement Society Website and woodbinecares.ca
9. The winning number will be announced on the televisions at Woodbine Racetrack, Social Media and LongRun Thoroughbred Retirement Society Website and woodbinecares.ca
10. If the patron with the winning number on their ticket is at the event where the number has been drawn, they may then come to the booth on the second floor at Woodbine Racetrack beside the programs desk or; visit card.ca for information on how to claim the prize.
11. If the winner is not in attendance at the game, or does not wish to claim their prize immediately, they may claim their prize by contacting LongRun Thoroughbred Retirement Society at: (416) 675-3993 ext. 3440 or by email at: [email protected] The ticket may then be brought to the LongRun offices in the Woodbine Stable Area, 555 Rexdale Blvd., Toronto, Ontario at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted at the event for which they bought their ticket. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
12. The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
13. The winner must provide his/her name, address and phone number with picture identification for our report sheet.
14. Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that event. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
15. If no winner comes forward the number will be announced repeatedly over the PA system, and posted on the Woodbine Televisions, Social Media and LongRun Thoroughbred Retirement Society website.
16. At subsequent events, the number will be posted at each selling station.
17. In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than LongRun Thoroughbred Retirement Society, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
18. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws:
- Persons under the age of 18
- Employees, Officers, Directors and representatives of LongRun Thoroughbred Retirement Society and Ascend FS (formerly 5050 Central Ltd).
- any staff or volunteers who are selling 50/50 tickets or involved in raffle at any length.
18. The above set of rules will be posted at each event.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1- 888 – 230 – 3505)